The Adventure is Over- Maltese entry for Eurovision song Contest 2007 will not make it to the Finals...


The people who read my blog know well enough that I am very patriotic and I always wish to see that Malta is in the limelight, but to be sincere I really don't like the big fuss that we make over the Eurovision Song Contest. Mind you I love the way that the Maltese people come together and support the whole idea and since the contest is followed by a large quantity of people it is also a cheap way to promote our country.

I might sound blunt but the only thing I look forward to during the finals of the Eurovision and the Eurovision song contest itself are the funny comments by Terry Wogan about everything under the sky (yes BBC is my favorite channel because I don’t stand to listen to Eileen Montesin or some others whining in front of a microphone) so one has to keep in mind how sick was having to listen to all 28 songs(if you can call them songs) to see if my premonitions were right at the end of the show. Compared to the songs that were staged last night, ours and Denmark’s were the once which reflected allot of professionalism and were top class stuff.

I might have been harsh in my last blog entry regarding the Eurovision. I don’t want to sound racist at all and it is healthy to improvise, but it does sound too Turkish and that might have been a disadvantage on our side because as I always said that with this kind of music it will be a big struggle since I don’t think that this type of music reflects anything about Malta except for the passion and saviour-fare with which Olivia performed and that was one of the reasons that our song was so very warmly received by the crowd, a sign that Olivia could make it t to the final easily. Even the press at the contest had nothing but words of praise as regards Olivia’s performance by saying that, "besides the irrelevant choreography... Olivia gave a very good performance". So this makes me think that was our song too sophisticated for the simple minds? Even if it is more than in the face clear that this was a bloc vote, with the former communist countries all showing solidarity with one another, funnily enough Turkey made it to the final with no trouble at all, with a song which sounds European...and to put more salt were hurts most the singer himself imitates Joseph Chetcuti near the end as you can see in the video...

P.S. I have nothing against the Turkish people, I just don't think that due to there positioning in the globe they don't have anything to do with Europe and the same thing goes for Israel...

P.S.S Just in case you were thinking, I had Southern Fried Chicken for dinner last night. I didn't feel like having Kebabs...chicken pieces were more easy to swallow...
Site Meter

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ONLY IN Malta- Sponsering MasterChef while trying to win it

Hiccups Pub Paceville- still the best burger you could ever have had...but luckily you still can have...