Oh this is just terrible! Master Chef the Maltese Way!

I found myself tuning into MasterChef Malta today, despite my usual disinterest in modern TV competitions. Witnessing individuals who passionately pursue cooking, even against professional chefs, is truly commendable. While I understand the judges' dissatisfaction with some dishes falling short, my disappointment heightened due to an aspect that compelled me to share my thoughts.



Photo Maltadaily.mt

In particular, Chef Victor Borg's approach left me disheartened. While attempting to emulate renowned figures like Ramsey and Cowell, he appeared excessively harsh and lacked empathy. Humiliating a visibly nervous contestant by labeling her dish as an insult to his profession felt unnecessarily cruel. In my opinion, honesty should be paired with kindness, and critique should be delivered with empathy, especially in a setting where individuals courageously step out of their comfort zones.
Chef Borg, rather than mocking or belittling, could better utilize his success to inspire and uplift these brave participants. Positive feedback has the power to encourage growth, considering the challenges these individuals may be facing in their personal lives. Harsh words, wielded without consideration, may have unforeseen consequences.
In the spirit of fairness, kindness, and understanding, I urge Chef Victor Borg to be mindful of the impact his words may have on individuals. Let his success be a platform for teaching and encouragement, fostering a positive atmosphere on the show. After all, treating others with the respect we desire for ourselves is a universal principle, and karma has a way of returning the energy we put into the world.
PS: I was a chef for 15 years, Worked in 5-star hotel environments abroad, and had my own restaurant, Even if the kitchen environment is toxic, I was never treated that way and when I was a Chef Patron it would have never passed my mind to treat my staff that way!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ONLY IN Malta- Sponsering MasterChef while trying to win it

Hiccups Pub Paceville- still the best burger you could ever have had...but luckily you still can have...