Bureaucratic Malta…Having problems to get my baby boy...is it because he is black?

As mentioned in an earlier entry, I've made a deposit of 100 euro on a new scooter and I believe out of the 27 countries that make the EU we are the only country(except Italy) that in order to get or do something we have to go thru a pile of papers to be able to get what we request.

I went to the dealer this morning to get the chassis and engine number so I can insure this little thing (Insurance another pile of question and loads of signed papers) and funnily enough he told me that there is a problem with your bike. He told me, I have 60 of this machine all stuck at bonds and guess what the reason is for the vehicle being held is? ADT and Maltese way of working out things. At first I thought he was taking the piss as I had a similar experience with another salesman who has given my car to another client, but that’s another story. This scooter is build outside Europe but it has an European built low emission engine which is certified Euro 3 compliant but the little genies at ADT don't believe the certificates and have to check the engine themselves and that means that will take at least another 3-4 weeks before they can come up with any results if they ever come up with one. So these leaves me wondering what kind of service we are getting from the civil servants which I believe are just obeying orders or trying to find a way to get something (euro) extra for going the extra mile…
PS: this particular scooter has been sold allover europe (especially in Italy) since March 2008!!!
Site Meter

Comments

Anonymous said…
Like most things to do with government here it seems that either ADT have nothing better to do and are just trying to justify their salaries or they think they know better than all the other countries in Europe.

Well, I really hope you get it soon. There's nothing like speed on two wheels in the summer.

illusivefreddy.wordpress.com
CODama said…
Hello Freddy and thanks for your comment. I look forward to enjoy (hopefully before summer ends). They'd better sort out the registration tax as soon as possible

Popular posts from this blog

ONLY IN Malta- Sponsering MasterChef while trying to win it

Hiccups Pub Paceville- still the best burger you could ever have had...but luckily you still can have...