Io son la vita...I am life, io son l' amore...I am love

Surfing thru you tube this morning(I'm having too many sleepless nights lately)I came across this beautiful and very touching excerpt from the opera Andrea Chenier which is performed wonderfully by Maria Callas as she plays the part of Madalena, which tends to always moves me and affects me in a distinct manner and made me reflect that during times of despair and misery every so often I get encouraged and inspired 'from above' to keep up hope and faith and I keep believing that something better will come my way (I don’t think that this happens just to me!)

these are part of the lyrics:

"Fu in quel dolore che a me venne l'amor!
Voce piena d'armonia e dice:
"Vivi ancora! Io son la vita!
Ne' miei occhi e il tuo cielo!
Tu non sei sola!
Le lacrime tue io le raccolgo!
Io sto sul tuo cammino e ti sorreggo!
Sorridi ...e spera!
Io son l'amore!
Tutto intorno e sangue e fango?
Io son divino! Io son l'oblio!
Io sono il dio che sovra il mondo
scendo da l'empireo, fa della terra un ciel!Ah!
Io son l'amore, io son l'amor, ...l'amor"

I AM LOVE! It so true isn`t it? Everyone is ruled by love. Some may say money and fame but we want money and fame to ultimately get love. It`s an insane useless circle to chase which is why people who chase it gets caught up in drugs and drink even though love is the easiest thing to get. All you have to do is open your mouth. Show trust in God and expect the unexpected, for its ultimate reward is always love, because I do believe that the one who keeps walking in His path will make it to the destination.

This aria was also used for the film Philadelphia and makes such a striking scene in the movie were one can see the desperation of a man who wants to win even if he is on his verge of dying because of his terminal illness (Tom Hanks), but he still feels invincible and nothing will stop him from winning his cause and another man this time Denzel Washington who also wants to win but he is realizing the value of life when he looks in the eyes of his client who at first was uncomfortable to serve but now he can understand what is this case is all about. It’s about how precious each one of us is, no matter what color or race we are we all deserve to live.
There is an important scene that is missing from the video above. It is when the lawyer scarily runs home runs home and he caress his little baby girl and kisses his wife because his client proves to him what value life holds and only then he realizes what a great gift he has which has always taken for granted...his family…

It’s astonishing how much power, passion and emotion this extraordinary aria holds and I felt that at this time of year I had to share it with you because in my humble opinion I do believe t that there is indeed somewhat a connection between music, love and spirituality and this operatic piece links the three magnificently. It's a music which brings warmth and a strong content feeling in the heart "that things will be better soon" with the Love from the Lord above…
Site Meter

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ONLY IN Malta- Sponsering MasterChef while trying to win it

Hiccups Pub Paceville- still the best burger you could ever have had...but luckily you still can have...