Il- Gnien tal-Milorda San Maison...u il-ktieb Hbula Stirati









The following are some pictures again taken with my mobile phone so please excuse the lack of quality of the Milorda Gardens in San Maison. This is one of my favourite gardens and in my opinion the best place to be in on a summer afternoon or even winter... I was there yesterday to attend to the launch of the new poetry book Hbula Stirati, which I am still reading and so far it has left me without adjectives to describe it, it is really good poetry book and it’s great that the authors have gut to publish similar books and hope they keep them coming. I also had the opportunity to meet Kevin Saliba one of the author which I love what he writes and I tend to check his blog because he always manage to bring back the good memories of the past

Sa Maison Gardens

The Sa Maison Garden is a small, pretty garden mostly known for its military heritage. The garden is also known as ‘il-Gnien tal-Milorda’ (Her Ladyship's Garden) in memory of Lady Julia Lockwood, who resided there between 1842 and 1856. Her house was later demolished and the garden taken over by the military, which were responsible for its maintenance until 1903, when it was taken over by the civil government.

Apart from the several regimental crests, which are engraved in the bastion wall inside the garden, there’s also a small model of a castle carved in Maltese stone dedicated to the 2nd Battalion of the Essex Regiment.

The garden itself is on several levels and there is a Knight's Gardjola (watch tower), which is easily accessible and provides spectacular views of the Ta’ Xbiex Yacht Marina and fortifications.

Site Meter

Comments

Anonymous said…
Admiring the hard work you put into your site and detailed information you present.
It's great to come across a blog every once in a while that isn't the same unwanted rehashed information.
Wonderful read! I've saved your site and I'm including your RSS
feeds to my Google account.

Feel free to surf to my website :: Risk of stroke
CODama said…
thank you but I can't reach your page

Popular posts from this blog

ONLY IN Malta- Sponsering MasterChef while trying to win it

Hiccups Pub Paceville- still the best burger you could ever have had...but luckily you still can have...